Thursday, February 4, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 4th

When your kids shock you and sleep in, it's kind of a blessing and a punishment at the same time.  Haha.  I thoroughly enjoyed my extra hour of sleep.  However, it also threw off the plans I had with my mom.  So it was a rush to get ready, once we were all awake!  I chose one of the easier and quicker things for breakfast:  cream of wheat.  I flavored it with brown sugar and maple syrup (that's my favorite flavor in the instant packets!).  Except for the baby...  He got cream of wheat mixed with apple sauce.  I don't think he's ready for too much sugar ;). 

My girl requested Peanut butter and jelly for lunch (which isn't surprising).  We both had that and chocolate milk.  Plus THRIVE Carrot Fruit Crisps, and she had fishy crackers.
The baby just had squash and peas ;).  And a couple of the fruit crisps!
I'd thawed some zucchini from our 2014 garden a couple days ago, so I had to make something with it.  I was tired of zucchini brownies and zucchini bread, not because they aren't good, but because those are what I always make when I thaw zucchini!  So I hit up pinterest for a new idea and found Lemon-Zucchini Cupcakes.  Oh man... These are awesome.  I'll be making them in the future.  It's not like we don't have plenty of 2014 zucchini to use up!
Seriously so good.  And packed with zucchini!

I also decided to make some home-made granola.  It was something I'd been meaning to do for a while now.  And since I want to do yogurt parfaits for breakfast one day shortly (I have yogurt in the fridge to use!), this was a good time to get it done!
Seriously good granola!  And I even messed up the recipe a little bit! 

We ate leftovers for dinner (we had lots in the fridge from the last 3 days... and frankly, we still do!).  But I did add one thing (sort of a way to get vegetables -- even if they aren't the healthiest ones ;))...  Fried Okra!

The baby ate squash and mashed potatoes, but I got lazy and didn't take a picture.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment