Monday, February 22, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 21st

I haven't been to the grocery store to grocery shop since mid-January.  I won't be going until March 1st!  This is how my home store (made-up of both THRIVE Life and non-THRIVE Life products) is helping my family eat well and eat healthy for the month of February!

(And since it's mostly out of the bag now anyway...  There are two reasons we decided to do this challenge:  1. to bring our grocery budget back under control.  2.  We are almost 100% sure we are moving to Alabama in the next few months.  So we wanted to start working through some of frozen foods and opened stuff, since a lot of it can't be taken with us!)

So this is what we had yesterday, Sunday the 21st:

Breakfast was made by my husband.  He was so very kind to let me sleep in an extra hour!  However, he doesn't share my affinity for taking pictures of food ;).  So he didn't.  You can see my waffles though :).  I finished off the blackberry syrup on mine.  The baby had waffle as well, but no syrup.
 Lunch before church was chicken nuggets, pea crisps, and apple sauce and milk for my girl.  The baby had squash and corn.

 For dinner, since we like to go super-easy on Sundays, I pulled out the new and improved THRIVE Express meal my sweet friend Rebekah brought for me after she got to attend THRIVE Life Leadership Training.  These meals will be available for order in April!  It was just fettucine alfredo, so I decided to make a more complete meal by tossing in some extras -- THRIVE Chopped Chicken and THRIVE Asparagus.  Just tossed them in while the rest of it was cooking.  No extra effort, really.  The baby had mashed potatoes, a small amount of the chopped chicken (small pieces), and cauliflower and a little bit of multigrain cereal.


No comments:

Post a Comment