Saturday, February 20, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 19th

Oops!  I accidentally skipped posting last night!  I was engrossed in getting some last-minute stuff done for a jar meal event we are doing today.  I remembered about 11:30 last night when I finally turned out the lights. And by then, well...  I just figured I'd post today ;).

So here it goes:

Breakfast: It was a pancake day!  I threw in some THRIVE 9 Grain Cracked Cereal this time.  My husband ate breakfast with us, so that's why I pictured the butter and milk.  He likes those on his pancakes :).  I pictured the log cabin syrup just in case, but we all ended up using the home-made blackberry kind!
 I did give baby boy a few pieces of pancake, which he loved.  But mainly he got his usual ;).

 Lunch was impressive!  Ramen with peas and celery.  Well, I only added celery to mine, since my girl just picks it out.
 Baby boy had squash and cauliflower with some crackers.
 Dinner was a bit of an undertaking:  orange chicken and fried rice!  It was so good, though!  And kind of fun that we could have an "out to eat" meal using only our home store!  Seriously, this is the best orange chicken ever.  I love it, but don't make it often, because there are several steps to the prep.  But sooooo good.  I was thrilled I could do it with my home store!

 The baby had mainly mashed potatoes and corn.  But he also had very small pieces of chicken (without the sugary sauce, of course) and peas from the rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment