Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 2nd

After a rough night last night, things were off to a rocky start this morning.  But here's what we ate from our home store today!

Breakfast was Raisin Bran with milk.  Only my bowl is pictured, but my little miss had the same.  I used THRIVE Milk in mine; she had regular.
 She requested a banana for morning snack.  We don't have "fresh" bananas.  But we have THRIVE Bananas!  And she loves them too!  THRIVE saves snack time!
 Lunch was chicken nuggets for both of us (two different types, since I'm not partial to the dino shapes ;)...) and pea crisps.  She had chocolate milk, while I had water.
 This was dessert for after dinner and after Family Night.  Easy-fix treat with the cake mix.  I know I'm not going to be going shopping for butter and eggs anytime soon, and I know THRIVE Butter Powder and THRIVE Whole Egg Powder work great in baking!  So I decided to use them in today's baking and save the fresh for if I want scrambled eggs or poached egg or something later in the month! 
 All of these ingredients were used in our dinner.
 Dinner was Chicken Bunwiches (a staple in our family...), raw carrots and broccoli, kiwi.  Milk for my big girl and water for me and the hubby.

My baby boy is sick.  He caught whatever nasty respiratory bug that's been going around.  So he mostly ate formula today, as he wasn't feeling particularly hungry.  Finally, at dinner time, he was more interested in food.  So he ate what he had last night:  squash (we roasted, pureed, and froze a huge winter squash in ice cube trays several months ago and are still working on that squash) with mashed potatoes and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment