Saturday, February 6, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 6th

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike graveyard shift!?!  Ugh.  And since we've had some sick kids the last couple weeks, we've spent a lot of days at home.  Eventually my 2 year old (who is very adventurous and energetic) gets stir crazy.  And so do I.  So I decided we need to go find something to do today.  The solution?  The in-laws' house!  They have two cows, 10 chickens, a dog, and a cat; so my little girl loves going there. 

I share this, because it means we were fed lunch at my in-laws' house.  But my mother-in-law is a home store queen indeed.  She taught my husband how to have a home store (and she has lived off her own home store in the past when my father-in-law had been out of work for a time), so she totally understands the ins and outs of it.  So there we had ritz crackers (my baby tried them for the first time there and LOVED them), cheddar cheese, and vegetable beef soup (the baby had carrots and peas from the soup).  My girl also had a peach slice, milk, and a snickerdoodle.

The rest of our meals, though, were from home. 

Breakfast:  Pancakes.  My husband ate breakfast with us when he got home, and he loves his pancakes in a bowl with butter on them and lots of milk in addition to the syrup.  That's why those items are pictured, whereas they weren't before (on Monday, the 1st ;)).

 The baby had applesauce and multi-grain cereal.
 And for dinner we had leftovers.  We have a lot of leftovers from all our good eats this past week ;).  I didn't take a picture of everyone's plate, but this was mine.  Plus the baby's food.
Tomorrow is Sunday, so I won't be posting.  I will post two on Monday, though :).

No comments:

Post a Comment