Friday, February 12, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 12th

Today is my sister's birthday!

Not that that has anything to do with my home store challenge ;).  Just thought I'd share ;).

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs with toast and blackberry jelly.  Little Man had some scrambled eggs (without the seasonings) and some cereal and applesauce.


 We have some blackberries in our freezer from 2011.  Well, we did.  I think I used them all up today (I will have to double-check our chest freezer out back to be sure...).  Decided to make a blackberry crisp. 
 This was to show what's in those big white buckets ;).  Left to right is flour, sugar, and oats.  We buy those in bulk, then transfer to food-grade buckets.  I just scoop out of those when I cook.  I had been getting the box for the oats to show in other pictures, but we have the "in reserve" boxes in the bedroom where my husband was sleeping, so I just went this route ;).
 And it turned out I had defrosted too many blackberries, so I decided to make blackberry syrup with blackberries and sugar.
 Lunch!  My girl requested PB&J plus I added green beans and mandarin oranges and she had milk.  I had a chicken wrap with cheese and BBQ sauce.  Usually I put lettuce on these, but I don't have any, so boo!  No store!  I had green beans and mandarin oranges too.
 Little boy had sweet potatoes and squash.  He didn't eat it all, so we carried over to dinner.

 Blackberry syrup.
 The blackberry crisp!
 I made dinner in the crock-pot -- yay!  So technically this picture was taken in the morning.  (I love the crock pot!)  Anyway, dinner was chicken taco soup.  YUM!  Served it with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.  Little man had cereal and peas added to his squash and sweet potatoes.  PLUS he enjoyed black beans, chicken, and corn from the soup (rinsed, of course!)
 And a sweet treat for my Princess and me to end the day:  Blackberry crisp with vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment