Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 22nd

I haven't been to the grocery store to grocery shop since mid-January.  I won't be going until March 1st!  This is how my home store (made-up of both THRIVE Life and non-THRIVE Life products) is helping my family eat well and eat healthy for the month of February!

Breakfast:  Granola and milk!  Baby boy had his usual cereal and apple sauce.

 I made some lemon-zucchini cupcakes again, to use up more of the zucchini in our freezer.  Plus it's nice to have them to give away as treats or just have them on-hand for a yummy treat (I freeze most of them).

 Then I had to make milk!
 We ate lunch at my friend Lea's house...  Cheese quesadillas :).  Yum!  But I didn't take a picture...

As part of dinner, we made cornbread.  The other part was chili :).

 We also made instant chocolate pudding for Family Night treat.  Alas, there is no picture of the finished product, because we never really ate it.  Let's just say that, though we had Family Night, we didn't exactly have Family Night treat...  The evening didn't go as planned, with a 2 year old who refused to eat her chili.  Ah well...  you win some, you lose some.
 But here is my chili and cornbread and the baby's squash and sweet potatoes.  He also ate a couple of kidney beans and some corn bread.  I did sprinkle shredded cheese on my chili, but didn't take a picture of the cheese.  I promise I didn't go to the store just for cheese, though ;).  We have about 1/2 of a 5 pound loaf of cheese still in our freezer or fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment