Monday, February 29, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 29

I haven't been to the grocery store to grocery shop since mid-January. I won't be going until March 1st! This is how my home store (made-up of both THRIVE Life and non-THRIVE Life products) is helping my family eat well and eat healthy for the month of February!
 *********************

And we're done!  I have completed the home store challenge.  Not once did I go to the grocery store to purchase an ingredient for anything I've cooked since mid-January.  Granted, there were a couple times we ate out or ate at a friend's house or family's house.  But anything I prepared for my family at home came from whatever we already had on hand.  I had to make a few substitutions (like THRIVE Sour Cream Powder for cream cheese), but it worked out great!  I learned A LOT.  I will be debriefing this (hopefully) tomorrow and sharing what I have learned from the experience!  Meanwhile, today...

Breakfast:  Granola with milk.  Not pictured is little man's usual:  applesauce and cereal.
 Lunch was grilled cheese and tomato soup for me and my girl.  Not pictured (again -- I was a slacker!) is the baby's squash and corn.  But he did have some French Bread too, and that's pictured ;).
 Oh, I gave my girl chocolate milk today.  Just because.
 Dinner fixin's...  Plain old white rice in the big white bucket.  We had chicken stir fry.  The baby had macaroni and veggies from the (still) leftover vegetable soup and also had sweet potatoes and some THRIVE Chicken mixed in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment