Monday, February 8, 2016

February Home Store Challenge: February 8th

And here's the post for today!  I did a lot of stuff in the kitchen today.  Some days are like that, I guess.  I had to get a lot of stuff done so it's done for later on :).

Breakfast was granola in milk.  This granola is so good.  My husband had it for breakfast too, and he usually has his sandwich, so that should tell you something!  He opted for the granola!  And little mister had cereal and applesauce.
 Then I needed to make some French bread for part of dinner tonight.  So these are the ingredients for that.
 Looks yummy, huh?  Fresh-baked bread.  Yum!  And I have loaves frozen for other meals!

Then there was lunch.  Grilled cheese, tomato soup, pea crisps, and fruit crisps!  Milk for my girl and water for me!

 And squash and cauliflower for the baby.
 Our lunch done :).
I needed to make more baby food, so I got that done today.  This was my first time trying out the sweet potatoes for baby food.  We'll see how he likes it, but it doesn't look particularly appetizing.  I've used the THRIVE Sweet Potatoes in a recipe before (muffins) and they turned out good.  But like this I'm a bit leery ;).

Then I decided to make these power ball bites that I've been meaning to make for the last 2 months.  They are so stinkin' good.  If only I didn't want to eat them all at once!


 Then it was time to work on dinner!  These are the ingredients for dinner (and the reason I needed to make French bread today!)
 The dinner recipe called for a garlic-herb cheese spread or cream cheese.  Neither of which I had.  So I improvised with my THRIVE Sour Cream Powder!  Not a bad substitute, if you ask me! 
 My 'spread' on the bread ;).
 While dinner was cooking, I worked on Family Night Treat.
 it was supposed to be white chocolate popcorn with pink sprinkles (for Valentine's Day!).  It didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped.  Sigh.  Oh well.  They can't all be wins!
 Then I worked on a veggie for dinner.  This is where I am finding my biggest struggle in eating out of our home store.  I like my food to be yummy and I tend to rely heavily on salads.  Salads don't store for long-term.  If it was summer, and if I had a place for a garden, we'd be set!  But it's not... And I don't.  So I'm having to learn how to make yummy side dishes with THRIVE!  This one was okay.
 Here was the main dish:  Meatball sub casserole.  Not a fan of the brand of meatballs I used (which I didn't buy, but got from a neighbor who was moving last month).  I'll keep the recipe, though, and just make home-made meatballs next time!
 The baby ate mashed potatoes, peas, and corn.
 And here's my plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment