Tuesday, September 30, 2014

72-Hour Kits: Toddler Kit

It's the very last day of September, but it's not too late to take advantage of the awesome National Preparedness Month Sales!  Contact me today at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com to place your order before the sale ends!!!

And now, for your Tuesday 72-Hour Kit information!!

So when my husband and I first set a goal to have our 72-Hour Kits ready, we didn't yet have our little munchkin.  But once she came along (and life settled down a bit ;)), I realized I needed to make sure we had a 72-Hour Kit made especially for her!  After all, her needs are different than ours!

She is now 16 months old, so she isn't a baby anymore (though she'll always be my baby), and so, over time, we've had to make changes to her 72-Hour Kit more frequently.  As of today, though, we have a Toddler Kit for her. 
What we have in our munchkin's Toddler Kit:
  • 1 change of clothes (includes warm shirt, warm pants, socks) for cold weather
  • 1 jacket
  • 1 knitted cap
  • 1 pair of mittens
  • travel pack of toiletries (baby powder, shampoo, wash, diaper ointment, lotion)
  • 5 pouches emergency water
  • sippy cup
  • 9 diapers
  • 1 burp rag (she uses these to self-soothe while sucking her thumb, so we wouldn't want to be without one in an emergency situation)
  • 6 boxes yogurt raisins (these are a favorite treat -- and I think if we are in a situation needing the kit, it would be nice for her to have a treat)
  • 1 snack container of cheese crackers
  • 5 squeeze-food pouches (I chose most that have a starch like rice or potato in it, plus one that has chicken, and one that has Elmo on the front -- she's a big fan).
  • toothbrush
  • wipes
As much as possible, I put things into gallon ziploc bags.
And then I stored everything in a large bag. 
Truthfully, until recently, I didn't have her kit at all ready.  I had a few odds and ends in it (like diapers, wipes, a bottle, and formula when she was smaller).  But it was not really ready for an emergency.  Posting these every week motivated me to get her kit 100% ready.  And that gives me great peace of mind.  I may add a couple toys and a book to the kit as well so we have something for her to be entertained.  But for the most part, this kit is done, and I feel better about it!

Hope this helps you prepare for any little ones you may have at home!  Contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com if you have any questions!

Happy THRIVEing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment