Friday, September 5, 2014

Peachy Strawberry Smoothie

Today my wonderful sister-in-law hosted a THRIVE party!  It was lots of fun, and I got to meet some great ladies!  I loved that they had so many questions and were so interactive and involved in the whole event.  It makes for a great time!

One lady discovered that her young son -- who she says is her picky eater -- loved the fruits and veggies for snacks!

Another lady is excited about all the gluten-free options THRIVE offers, because of her husband's diet restrictions! 

I'm always excited when THRIVE Life can help other people in a variety of ways -- just as it has helped me!

As part of the party, we enjoyed a Peachy Strawberry Smoothie :).  Due to Nilla error (that would be me...), the smoothie at the party wasn't as awesome as the practice one I made at home.  The first time I made it, I forgot to add the THRIVE Simply Peach Drink Mix!  So I made a second batch -- and didn't blend it long enough (I so need one of those awesome high-powered blenders!  I obviously don't know how to work one!) so there was more ice chunks than I would have preferred :/...  But when I made it at home, I really enjoyed it -- even without any banana (and you know I love my bananas in my smoothies!)

So here it is: 

PEACHY STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup THRIVE strawberry yogurt bites
1 tablespoon THRIVE Simply Peach drink mix
1/2 cup THRIVE strawberries
1 tablespoon milk*
1 1/2 cup ice

Combine all ingredients except ice and let rehydrate 3 to 5 minutes.  Add ice and blend until smooth.

And as for my less-than-stellar ability to actually make it well at the party...  Well, you live and you learn!  I'll be better prepared next time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment