Thursday, September 11, 2014

THRIVE Express: Southwestern Style Chicken and Rice

Last Friday I was honored to party THRIVE-style at my sister-in-law's house!  It was a lovely, laid-back, fun event and I got to meet some really nice ladies. 

The one catch:  dinner

My husband texted when he'd gotten home from work just to see how things were going.  Well, I missed his text until an hour later.  He asked if I wanted him to start making anything for dinner.  Well, the truth was I couldn't think of what to do for dinner.  But then it hit me:  THRIVE Express could help!

I knew I had to stop by the grocery store for milk (because we are doing whole milk for the munchkin), so I decided to pick up a Rotisserie chicken while I was there.  Plus, my mother-in-law had recently given us some home-canned green beans from her garden.  And THRIVE Express was going to help me with a side dish!

So I got home at 5, put the beans on; got the THRIVE Express Southwestern Style Chicken and Rice into some boiling water and unloaded the car, with my husband's help, while those things were cooking.  And by 5:30, we were eating dinner.  I even decided to open up a jar of peaches I'd canned in 2012 to include with dinner.

Now, that may not seem like all that big a deal.  But sometimes the hardest part for me is thinking up what to cook.  In this case, I came up with a solution to the main dish and the vegetable.  The side dish was stumping me, though, because everything just seemed to take time to make, like peeling potatoes for mashed potatoes.  So once I remembered that I had THRIVE Express in the cupboard...  Well, it provided my solution and made me a happy camper :).  THRIVE Express entrees and sides require very little hands-on time, so that was helpful on that particular day.

Other ways the THRIVE Express pouches might be able to benefit you:
  • hiking or camping (light-weight and just add water -- you have a complete meal!)
  • 72-hour kit
  • Car emergency kit
There is quite a variety of THRIVE Express sides and entrees.  And because of their packaging, they have a shelf-life of 5 to 10 years (most have 10 years, but a few are 5)!!! 

If you think you'd like to try the convenience of THRIVE Express entrees and/or sides, let me know at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com.

Happy THRIVEing!

No comments:

Post a Comment