Tuesday, September 23, 2014

72-Hour Kits: Clothing

Happy Tuesday, fellow THRIVErs!!!  It's that time again...  Time to talk about 72-Hour Kits!!

I'm actually almost done with the categories of items my family has included in our kits :).  My final category?  CLOTHES!

Let's face it:  if we were in a situation in which we were living off our 72-Hour Kits, we'd probably start smelling pretty rough by day 3...  So it's kind of nice to have a change of clothes ;).  But that's not the only reason to have them.  Perhaps you live in Washington (as I do) and the odds of you getting rained on are pretty high...  Having dry clothes would definitely be beneficial.   Whatever the reason, clothing is an important addition to any 72-Hour Kit!

I didn't take a picture of all my clothing laid out.  But basically you'll want to be sure you have a few things as far as clothing goes:
  • An extra pair of underwear (including a bra for ladies)
  • 1 shirt
  • 1 pair of pants
  • 2 pairs of socks (I got this idea from Forrest Gump's Lieutenant Dan...  Protect your feet!)
  • Sweater (in winter months)
You'll want to make sure you update your kit according to the weather, so you are sure to have the appropriate type of clothing to stay warm -- or keep cool.

Once again, I hope this information is helpful to someone out there!  I hope you've been able to see the value of a 72-Hour Kit and have learned how you can assemble your own kit easily at home!

As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com :)!

Want to know more about 72-Hour Kits?  Follow these links:

Why a 72-Hour Kit?
72-Hour Kits: Food & Water
72-Hour Kits: Hygiene Items
72-Hour Kits: Miscellaneous Items
72-Hour Kits: Survival Items

No comments:

Post a Comment