Tuesday, August 26, 2014

72-Hour Kit: Hygiene Items

I don't know about you, but I am pretty sure I take for granted the ease I enjoy in being able to keep clean and do my daily "hygiene" routine.  So much so that I often don't even consciously think about everything I'm using to do so.  My hygiene items are always just there.  And, by this point, everything is just second-nature.  Generally speaking, there is usually only one event that makes me even consider all the hygiene items I use on a daily basis:  packing!  For a trip for my 72-Hour Kit, in this case :).

So I figured I'd share the hygiene items we decided are important for our 72-Hour Kit.  (The picture is of mine, so it has a few items my husband wouldn't need...  But that's where it's important to make sure you are packing what you need, if you choose to assemble and build your kit yourself!)

In my hygiene kit, I have the following items:

travel size shampoo and conditioner
1 bar soap
1 small hand sanitizer
floss
1 travel size toothpaste
1 toothbrush
9 sanitary napkins
1 roll toilet paper
1 travel size deoderant
1 hand towel
1 washcloth
1 small package tissues
1 hair scrunchie (wrapped around soap box)
Again, we pack everything in a ziploc back.  And I double bag the toilet paper -- because if I need toilet paper in an emergency, I don't want it soggy!

Granted, many of these items may seem superfluous in an emergency.  But I really like my hygiene.  I am a daily showerer, so I at least like the idea of having all the supplies I would need. 

As I've mentioned before, THRIVE Life has pre-assembled kits that make it easy to obtain your 72-Hour Kit for any emergency!   And, as with all of the delicious THRIVE Life Foods, you can get the most discounted price when ordering through me, so contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com if you want to place an order for your pre-assembled kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment