Thursday, August 21, 2014

Leslie's Chocolate Chip Cookies

A friend of mine shared her chocolate chip cookie recipe with me a while back.  Today I decided to try it out with some THRIVE!

There are two reasons I really wanted this recipe:  1.  It uses some whole wheat flour (and I'd tasted her cookies and they are delicious!, so I was pretty excited about them having some whole wheat flour in them!).  2.  You can freeze the dough and then do the slice and bake thing.  I chose to bake mine right away today (it's cool weather out, so I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to have fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies :)).  But I definitely want to try making the dough and freezing it in a log wrapped in plastic wrap.  I think it'll be handy for days when I don't have time to do more than just slice and bake!

Anyway, here's the recipe with my substitutions (and the actual recipe in parentheses).

1/2 cup Imperial margarine*
1/2 cup THRIVE Shortening Powder + 2 tablespoons water (original recipe is 1/2 cup Crisco shortening)
3/4 cup sugar*
3/4 cup brown sugar*
2 eggs*
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt*
1 teaspoon baking powder*
1 cup oats*
1 cup whole wheat flour*
2 cups all-purpose flour*
1/2 10-ounce bag chocolate chips

Cream together margarine, shortening powder (plus water), and sugars until well-blended and creamed together.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add salt and baking powder and mix well.  Add both flours and oats.  Mix about a minute or 2, until well mixed.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE.

**Leslie said you can reduce the amount of flour for less cake-like cookies.  I think the slice and bake will also make them flatter than mine :).

P.S...  Don't eat the cookie dough!  It's so good, you may not have any left to bake cookies ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment