Saturday, August 23, 2014

Streusel Topping with THRIVE Butter Powder

Let me begin by saying I don't like writing the word "streusel."  I either have to type it really slowly -- or I mess it up every time!  Something about the finger combination of typing it ;)...

But enough about that randomness!  Let's talk streusel!

Truthfully, typing the word isn't the only thing I don't like about streusel.  I'm simply not fan of making it.  Mostly because mine has never come out especially well.  Or it takes forever.  I have done the whole "use two knives" to cut the butter into the flour and sugar thing...  And it takes so long!  Most often, I just decide to use my hands to mix it.  But then my streusel ends up very un-streusel-like.  The heat from my hands melts the butter, and I end up with more of a dough than a breadcrumb consistency.  So, in general, I don't opt to make recipes with streusel very often.

But my husband decided one of his favorite treats is Raspberry Coffee Cake.  And, as coffee cakes go, a streusel topping is generally a big part of that...  And every year on his birthday, I make my sweetie this favorite treat.  And the streusel happens to be what "makes" this cake for him.  So I try really hard to get it right for his special day ;).

And THRIVE Butter Powder has now made this much easier for me!!  In fact, I intend to never make another streusel without THRIVE Butter Powder again, if I can help it!  I can use my hands (as opposed to knives).  And since the butter is already in powder form, I don't have to worry about the melting-dough problem.  This streusel experience was so much easier and much quicker!  And I came out with a nice looking streusel!!!  My husband liked it a lot!

So I ended up adding the THRIVE Butter Powder in with all the other dry ingredients called for in a streusel topping (usually flour and sugar).  I mixed them up with a fork.  Then I added about a tablespoon of water and just used my hand to mix it and make it crumbly.  I was highly pleased with the results.
I also used the THRIVE Butter Powder and THRIVE Raspberries to make the Raspberry Coffee Cake!  So if this looks yummy, check back next week for the recipe for the rest :)!
And, if you like what you see on this blog and want to share it, I have a link on the left side-bar where you can easily click and share on facebook or twitter!  I'm trying to get at least 10 shares by the end of August, so if you like it, share away!  Thanks in advance!

And Happy THRIVEing!

P.S.  If anyone was curious about what Kim M's host benefits ended up being...  She is getting $75 in free product and up to $100 in half-off product!  Definitely an awesome way to help her build her home store!

No comments:

Post a Comment