Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Raspberry Peach Lemonade

One of my friends and I take turns fixing dinner for each other's families every other week.  We call it Marvelous Monday Meals.  It's a time of trying new things, eating great food, and having awesome visiting time.  This past week, I was in charge of dinner (she brought dessert); and, though a drink isn't always on the menu, I decided I wanted to have something special as a beverage.

We are mainly water drinkers in our home, so I don't have much in the way of beverage selection.  But I did have all my THRIVE host benefits!  And I had ordered the THRIVE Simply Peach Drink Mix.  I decided to open up that can and see what I could do!

So all of the #10 cans of THRIVE Foods come with a recipe printed on them!  How awesome is that?  It's a great way to start using your THRIVE in daily cooking, because you have a recipe right in front of you, showing you how to use that product.  The recipe on the THRIVE Simply Peach Drink Mix is for Peach Lemonade.  It sounded great, and I had all the ingredients.  But then I started thinking, "Maybe I could take this a step further and make it mine a little bit."

So I decided to make it Raspberry Peach Lemonade.  Here's how I did it:

RASPBERRY PEACH LEMONADE
1/2 cup sugar*
1/2 cup THRIVE Simply Peach drink mix
1/2 cup THRIVE raspberries
6 cups water
1 cup lemon juice

In one cup of water, rehydrate the raspberries for about 5 minutes.

Place sugar, THRIVE Simply Peach drink mix, rehydrated raspberries, and the 1 cup of raspberry water into a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until everything is dissolved. Strain into a pitcher (to remove raspberry seeds). Add 1 cup lemon juice and mix well. Add additional 5 cups water and mix. Refrigerate until ready to drink.

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment