Monday, August 11, 2014

THRIVE Express Creamy Garden Vegetable Chowder

Today wrapped up 6 days of vacation for my mom, my munchkin, and me.  38 hours of traveling (34 actually driving); that took 4 of our days.  Two full days in Utah.  (One of which we stopped by the THRIVE Warehouse to pick up our orders -- so check back soon to read about my experience!).

We got home around 6 tonight.  Which means we ran into some yucky rush-hour traffic.  Blech. 

Knowing I was going to get home around dinner time, my mind turned to what I could do for dinner.  Most particularly for my toddler.  I didn't want to do fast food (we'd already done that for lunch -- traveling makes for some bad eating!).  And I really wanted to get more veggies into her (to accompany the THRIVE asparagus we snacked on earlier in the car).  But I didn't want to have to figure out what to cook -- and then cook it -- at the end of a very long day of driving. 

THRIVE Express came to the rescue!!!  While we were visiting the THRIVE Warehouse Showroom, we picked up some extra THRIVE deliciousness!  Including a couple of THRIVE Express pouches! One of which was the Creamy Garden Vegetable Chowder.  I asked my mom if she'd like to eat that for dinner, and this yummy pouch filled all 3 of us (with some leftover for my husband tonight when he gets home from work :)).

Here's why I absolutely love it:

1.  We were literally eating within 30 minutes of me pulling the van into our parking space.  I came in the house, got the requisite amount of water into a pot on the stove and turned on the burner.  My mom stayed inside with the munchkin and added the contents of the pouch when the water was boiling -- and kept an eye on the munchkin -- while I unpacked the van.  And by the time I was done, so was dinner!

2.  It is full of vegetables!  Corn, carrots, green beans, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and celery!

3.  It is delicious!  Rich and creamy and yummy.  True, it is an odd choice for a 98-degree day in Washington (what the heck, Washington!?!)...  But fortunately, my sweet husband left the a/c running when he went to work, so it was perfectly fine, even on a hot summer day :)! 

Ah yes, THRIVE Express to the rescue today :).  Totally a fabulous purchase.

If you think you might enjoy the convenience and deliciousness of THRIVE Express Creamy Garden Vegetable Chowder, contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com and I'll get you the Q-Price hook-up :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment