Monday, August 18, 2014

THRIVE Sausage Crumbles + A Recipe!

THRIVE Sausage Crumbles just rocked my socks off this past weekend.  So I think I'll tell you all about it.

I ordered the THRIVE Sausage Crumbles in my Q for August, because they are on special!  Like an amazingly awesome deal type of special.  More than $10 off the regular Party Price! 

So here is why I love them:

1.  I didn't have to squeeze my sausage out of those plastic tubes. And, for that matter, I didn't have to get into said tubes with either scissors or a knife (I find this is always either a messy or difficult step for me -- maybe I'm just sausage-ally challenged, though).

2.  I didn't have to worry about raw pork (again, raw meats make me do extra cleaning in my kitchen to make sure all the germies are gone). Which also means I didn't have to wash my hands a bunch of times (I seriously am obsessive about this).

3.  I didn't have to spend time browning the sausage and getting pork grease splatter everywhere.

4.  Even opened, the Sausage Crumbles in the can are good for a whole year!  (And unopened, they have a shelf-life of 25 years!  A great way to store meat for an unexpected "rainy day!")

5.  As an added bonus, if you feel like just tasting the sausage crumbles right out of the can -- you can! And it's actually really good.

While making the recipe posted below, all I had to do was open the can, scoop out my desired amount of Sausage Crumbles, and pour them into the pot on the stove!  Easy-peasy!

THRIVE Sausage Crumbles are versatile and can be used in many different recipes, such as soups, pastas, and appetizers!  The recipe I'm sharing today is a soup/pasta recipe :).  I loved using the THRIVE Sausage Crumbles in this recipe, and I plan to keep these Sausage Crumbles in my home store!  Definitely a time-saver on so many levels!  One comment I got from my husband about using the THRIVE Sausage Crumbles in this soup is that he felt it had less fat than the times I've made it before with non-THRIVE Sausage.  Less fat is definitely a good thing in my book!  But still all of the flavor :)!

So here's the recipe:

ITALIAN BOWTIE PASTA
1 1/2 cups THRIVE Sausage Crumbles
1/4 cup dehydrated onion*
1 clove garlic, minced
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce*
2 1/2 c. bowtie pasta
2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth* + 1 1/2 can water
1 tsp dry basil*
1 tsp dry thyme
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
Saute minced garlic briefly in olive oil. Add water, tomato sauce, onion, basil, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce and stir. Add THRIVE Sausage Crumbles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Add bowtie pasta and continue cooking until pasta is tender (about 15 minutes).

*Denotes ingredients available through THRIVE.

It's delicious! I would never have guessed the sausage had been freeze-dried!

You won't want to miss out on the THRIVE Sausage Crumbles at this great discounted price!  Contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com to place your order today!  And if you order by the 21st, you'll be entered into the drawing for "August Virtual Party Mystery Host"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment