Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Cooking with the Q-Pon: 10 Grain Pancake Mix: Peach-Raspberry Cobbler

I know it's officially October, and there is a new Q-Pon item for the month (which you can find on the October Specials Flyer)...  But I haven't gotten my Q for October yet, so I'll do one more Cooking with the Q-Pon post with September's Q-Pon Item: the 10 Grain Pancake Mix!

Plus, it was officially made in September, since it was featured as dessert at Marvelous Monday Meals!  So it still counts ;).

I found the recipe at the new THRIVE Life recipe site!  The original recipe can be found here.  I adapted it a little and used raspberries instead of sweet cherries :).  It was yummy the first day, served up with ice cream.  But I think it tasted even better the next day, once the flavors all blended even more.  So delicious!

PEACH-RASPBERRY COBBLER
Filling:
3 cups THRIVE Peach Slices
1/2 cup THRIVE Raspberries
1/2 cup brown sugar*
1/4 cup THRIVE Powdered Butter
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups water

Cake:
3/4 cup THRIVE 10 Grain Pancake Mix
1/3 cup sugar*
1/2 teaspoon baking powder*
1/4 teaspoon salt*
1 tablespoon THRIVE Instant Milk
3 tablespoons THRIVE Butter Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons THRIVE Pure Vanilla Extract Powder
1 tablespoon THRIVE Whole Egg Powder
1/3 cup water

Streusel:
1/4 cup THRIVE Butter Powder
1/4 cup brown sugar*
1/4 cup oats*
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.

Pour into a greased 9x9 dish. For cake, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Spread batter on top of filling.

For streusel, cut butter into remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined. Sprinkle streusel on top of cake batter.

 Bake at 400°F for 18–22 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.

*Denotes ingredients also available through THRIVE Life.

This cobbler is delicious!  I'm really glad I took it for Marvelous Monday Meals dessert, because it was a hit!  And I think it's so awesome how versatile the 10 Grain Pancake Mix is!  And, though it looks like a lot, the recipe is actually quite quick and simple!  I'll definitely make it again!

Remember:  THRIVE Pure Vanilla Extract Powder, like all the THRIVE Seasonings, are only available through consultants, so contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com to order yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment