Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What to Store?: Vegetables


Part of being prepared in our family includes having a home store of long-lasting, great-tasting foods!  As I have mentioned in this blog before, we choose become prepared in this way because we follow the counsel of a living prophet; counsel we believe comes from the Lord.  We believe having a store of food can be beneficial for our family in many circumstances, including job loss, long-term inability to work, and possible disaster or emergency situations.  Or perhaps a home store may help this upcoming winter if there is a freak snow-storm where you live and you get stuck at home for a week or two!  The truth is, life is full of surprises.  For that reason, we believe in being prepared and following the counsel we've received.

And guess what!?!  Winter is coming!  So now's a good time to start stocking up just in case ;)!

So then the question becomes:  what do I store?

I'd like to take a moment to share something amazing about my mother-in-law, which she shared with me right before her THRIVE Party a couple weeks ago.  She has known times in the past in which her family used their food storage because my father-in-law was temporarily out of work.  Apparently they would sometimes be asked, "How do you eat with him not working?"  (The question was asking if their meals were different.)  The answer, because of her diligence in making sure they had a home store, was, "We eat the same as we did when he was working."  This is the benefit of a home store.  Because she had taken the time and put for the effort to build up her own family's home store -- with foods they ate on a regular basis -- they were able to continue eating as they always had (with the exception of some desserts).  I have to say, I really admire my mother-in-law for her wisdom and her diligence and determination to be prepared.  She is an example of the blessing a home store can be to a family facing financial difficulties, whatever those may be.

So again, the question is, what do I store?  And the answer is:  Store what you eat!  If you're family does not spend every day eating rice and beans, you probably want to store other alternatives.  I'm not saying rice and beans are not a good thing to have in storage!  They are a great thing to include in your storage -- and THRIVE Life can help you there!  But, though you can survive eating them every day, your family may not enjoy it so much.  And that's why I love THRIVE Life!  So much variety is available through THRIVE Life!  With THRIVE Life, if my family ever faces financial difficulties (or others that require the use of our food store), I don't just want to survive... I want to THRIVE!

Therefore, because my family doesn't only eat beans and rice day in and day out, I want to make sure I am storing other things.  One of the things my family eats (and which I feel are very important that we always continue eating) is vegetables!

Did you know that the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) recommends that adults have 2 to 4 servings of vegetables each day?

That's a lot of vegetables!  And THRIVE Life has an amazing selection of freeze-dried and dehydrated options for vegetables! 

One very helpful thing about THRIVE Life products is that they are labeled with the number of servings in each can.  This can help you determine how much of each THRIVE Vegetable you need for your family!

My family loves to eat the THRIVE Sweet Corn, THRIVE Green Peas, and the THRIVE Asparagus right out of the can as snacks!  (I even like to eat the THRIVE Cauliflower and the THRIVE Celery from the can too!)

Another amazing aspect to the THRIVE Life Vegetables is their long shelf-life!  Most of the vegetables will last 20 to 25 years unopened, and 1 year after they've been opened!  That's a phenomenal shelf-life!  Plus, there are no added preservatives to keep them lasting so long!  Imagine the peace of mind that comes knowing you have the vegetables you need to keep your family healthy for years to come!

In addition to tasting great and helping us know we have vegetables that will last a long time for our food store, theses vegetables save me a ton of time in my everyday cooking!  I am constantly using the THRIVE Celery in my soups, chicken salad, and other dishes.  Tonight I'll be making a chicken asparagus pasta!  The vegetables arrive at my door washed and chopped, leaving me the small task of scooping them out and adding them to the pan! 

If you'd like to try some THRIVE Vegetables and start building your vegetable home store, you can even start by ordering the Vegetable Variety Pack.  This pack offers THRIVE Life's best-selling, most popular vegetable items!  Truly a great, easy, and convenient way to start building your home store!

Do you have a favorite THRIVE Life vegetable?  Share yours in the comments!

And if you're interested in getting started with the Vegetable Variety Pack or any other THRIVE Life awesomeness, contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com and we'll get you going!

No comments:

Post a Comment