Thursday, October 23, 2014

Party Food!




Tonight I had the opportunity to do a party for my friend Christina.  I find that I am still learning a lot as I continue in this adventure of being a consultant for THRIVE Life.  I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow and expand my horizons!

I've found that I love to share food with guests at the parties.  And today, I shared 3 different things:

Berry Banana Smoothie
Chicken Salad with crackers
Quad Chocolate Cookies

I've shared the recipes for the smoothie and the cookies before, so if you click those links, you'll be able to visit those recipes (they are yum!).  In fact, the smoothie recipe is even available on the new THRIVE Life recipe site, because I submitted it to them!  It's kind of exciting ;)!

So tonight I will share the awesome chicken salad recipe!  It's so easy to throw together, and the ladies at the party tonight were impressed with just how easy and fast it was!  So here it is:

CHICKEN SALAD
2 1/2 cups THRIVE Chopped Chicken
1/2 cup THRIVE Chopped Onion
3/4 cup THRIVE Celery
2 cups water
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt*
1/4 teaspoon pepper*

Combine the chicken, onions, celery, and water; stir well and place in refrigerator 10 minutes.  In a medium size bowl, mix remaining ingredients until well incorporated.  Mix chicken mixture into mayonnaise mixture without draining.  Salad may be slightly runny, but will thicken.  Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours and stir before serving.

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.

When I make this recipe, I just mix everything together in a bowl and refrigerate it 1 1/2 hours.  It works just fine :).  No need to dirty extra bowls ;)!

And you could totally make the chicken salad mix (meaning the chicken, celery, onions, and seasoning) ahead of time and put in a jar -- then take it to work or have it for a ready-to-fix lunch or snack for a busy day!

If you are interested in any of the awesome THRIVE Life products to help you make these delicious recipes, just contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment