Monday, October 6, 2014

Meatless Monday: Beef Enchilada Bake

In recent months, the price of beef has gone up significantly.  As a result, I started looking for more meatless meals to help me stretch our grocery budget!  

THRIVE Life has opened my world to so many possibilities with their great variety of TVP (textured vegetable protein) products!  I'm loving that we're able to have meals that would usually use beef, but don't -- and we don't feel like we're missing out!  Our beef supply is stretching further this way, and I'm not having to buy beef at the grocery store nearly as often! 

One of our recent meatless meals was a Beef Enchilada Bake.  I found the recipe on the back of the THRIVE Life Sweet Corn #10 can.  I made a couple of substitutions, since we currently have the THRIVE Taco TVP.  The recipe below is as I made it -- and I felt like it came out quite well!

BEEF ENCHILADA BAKE
1 cup THRIVE Taco TVP (I subbed this for THRIVE Beef TVP)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 of 6-ounce can tomato paste* (I subbed this for 1 can condensed tomato soup, because the THRIVE Taco TVP is seasoned more than the THRIVE Beef TVP and I wanted to decrease the sodium due to my original substitution)
1 cup salsa*
1 cup THRIVE Sweet Corn, rehydrated
6-8 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares
1/2 to 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese*

Combine THRIVE Taco TVP and water in a microwave safe dish; microwave on high for 6 to 10 minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes.

In a large skillet, combine the THRIVE Taco TVP, tomato paste, salsa, THRIVE Sweet Corn, and tortillas.  Heat through.  Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart baking dish and top with cheese. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Top with a dollop of sour cream* and sliced olives if desired.

*Denotes ingredients also available through THRIVE Life.

If you want to stretch your grocery budget a little further with the help of some of THRIVE Life's awesome TVP options, contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com!

You can also check out more info on the THRIVE Taco TVP by following this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment