Friday, October 10, 2014

Sweet Potato Muffins

At the end of September, I had the opportunity to visit my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and do a mini-THRIVE "party" for my mother-in-law at a Stampin' Up get together!  It was a fun evening, and I enjoyed learning more about crafting -- and getting big a little by the card-making bug!  If you're into card-making, you should check out Stampin' Up here.  I flipped through the catalog and found so many things I wanted!  They were so stinkin' cute!  Being that I'm not super-crafty, my sister-in-law (who is incredibly patient -- she reminds me of my mom with how patient she is!) "held my hand" and helped me make the cutest "pop-up" card.  Which I was able to use as part of a house-warming gift just this past weekend.  So fun!

Anyway, I was also able to meet several awesome ladies and learn a little bit about them.  One sweet lady was particularly interested in how THRIVE Life Foods can help her eat healthier while on the road.  She drives a truck with her husband, and she said it can sometimes be challenging to eat well when their refrigerated space is quite limited and they are on the road for weeks -- and sometimes months -- at a time!  I am always excited when someone finds a way THRIVE Life can benefit their life's circumstances in new ways I'd never thought of before!

I wanted to be able to share some of the deliciousness that can be accomplished with THRIVE Life foods, so I made Sweet Potato Muffins!  I found the recipe on the back of the #10 can of THRIVE Sweet Potatoes, but it can also be found on the THRIVE Life recipe site.  I adapted it a bit to fit what I had.

SWEET POTATO MUFFINS
1/2 cup THRIVE Sweet Potatoes
1 1/4 cup water, boiling
1/4 cup apple juice
2 tablespoons THRIVE Instant Milk
1/4 cup THRIVE Shortening Powder
2 tablespoons THRIVE Whole Egg Powder
1/2 cup THRIVE Honey Crystals
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
1/2 tablespoons baking powder*
1/4 teaspoon salt*
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup THRIVE Powdered Butter
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Soak sweet potatoes in boiling water until soft (about 10 minutes).  Do not drain water.  Add potato mixture to blender and puree with apple juice.

In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together.  Add puree mixture and blend until almost mixed.  Add in butterscotch chips and mix until barely incorporated.  Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.

Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.  Makes 16 muffins.

* Denotes ingredients also available through THRIVE Life.

These were so yummy!  And they were a hit at the party :).  In fact, my sister-in-law may have temporarily broken her diet for them... ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment