Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm always looking for new ways to use the amazing THRIVE Peanut Flour.  And I'm always looking for an excuse to make cookies ;).  It's a pretty great combination!  Plus this is my 100th Blog Post at THRIVEing With Nilla!  So why not celebrate with some delicious cookies!?!

So I adapted a recipe I had and came up with something a little bit new -- and THRIVEalized! 
These were so yummy -- both before baking and after!  (I love cookie dough like no other...  Which is why I love love love THRIVE Whole Egg Powder!  No raw eggs, so I can eat the dough guilt-free while pregnant!!!

PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup THRIVE Shortening Powder (plus 2 tablespoons water)
2 tablespoons THRIVE Whole Egg Powder (plus 4 tablespoons water)
1 teaspoon THRIVE Pure Vanilla Powder
3/4 cup white sugar*
3/4 cup brown sugar*
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup THRIVE Peanut Flour
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
1 cup oats*
1/2 10-ounce bag chocolate chips (or to your preference!)

Cream together butter, THRIVE Shortening powder and 2 tablespoons water.  Add sugars and cream until well-blended.  Add THRIVE Whole Egg Powder + 4 tablespoons water and THRIVE Pure Vanilla Extract Powder.  Mix until well-blended.  Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.  Check dough.  If it is too dry, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches cookie-dough consistency.  When dough is all mixed, gently stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.  Allow to cool on cookie sheet about 5 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely. 

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.

I took these to my book club my book club meeting last night and received several compliments, so I am counting it a success!  The peanut flour is not strong, especially once the cookies are baked, so the peanut flavor is definitely understated, but still there.  I might play around with the recipe some more in the future and see what happens when I add a little more peanut flour ;).  Because I do love chocolate and peanut butter together!

In other fantastic news...  There are even more reasons to celebrate!  THRIVE Life just announced a hosting promotion going on between now and the end of May!!  Party hosts have a chance to receive an additional $75 in free product in addition to the regular host benefits for parties with at least $600 in sales which are held between now and May 31st!  It's a great time to host a party and earn bonus freebies, so if you've ever thought about it...  Think about it some more -- and then contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com to book your party!

Happy THRIVEing!

No comments:

Post a Comment