Saturday, April 11, 2015

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Our family loves pancakes.  We have them for breakfast at least once a week.  But sometimes 2 or 3 times a week!  We keep a variety of pancake mixes on hand, just for this reason.  We definitely love the THRIVE 10 Grain Pancake Mix, and we are super-excited about the changes that have been made to it, so it is now among the many non-GMO products THRIVE Life offers! 

And it's on special this month!  The perfect time to stock up!

But that isn't actually the pancake mix I used today.  Today I used a regular store-bought mix and jazzed it up -- a lot!  It wasn't a special celebratory day or anything.  I just felt like trying out some fancy "special" pancakes with the new -- and completely amazing THRIVE Peanut Flour.  I realize I've been posting a lot of recipes recently with the Peanut Flour, but that's because I am simply amazed by the versatility of it; not to mention how easy it is to use and clean!

I would have never thought to add peanut butter to my pancake mix without this great product.  I got the idea, because many people enjoy peanut butter spread on their pancakes.  So I thought, "Why not step it up and put peanut flour in the pancakes!?!"  And it was so easy to do!  I just tossed some in with my other dry ingredients, and oila!

And these were yummy.  So yummy, I didn't even use syrup.  And my toddler snarfed all of hers down.  Quickly.

OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
2 cups all-inclusive pancake mix*(we used Krusteaz brand)
3/4 cups oats* (I used old-fashioned, but quick would work fine too!)
2 tablespoons THRIVE Peanut Flour
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 to 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips (this depends on how many chocolate chips you want!)

Add all dry ingredients, except chocolate chips, to a medium-size bowl and whisk together to combine.  Add water and whisk until well-blended.  Mix in chocolate chips.  Pour batter onto prepared skillet or griddle and cook according to pancake mix directions (or to your preferences ;)).

When I make pancakes, they are usually 6 to 7-inches in diameter.  This recipe yielded 5 pancakes that size.
I'm definitely making these again!  So easy, and so yummy!

The Peanut Flour is also on special this month!  It is a perfect time to get some!  Through April, it is $15.09 for a #10 can, which will make a little more than 11 1/4 cups of fresh peanut butter however you like it (you control the salt, sugar, and oil!).  And just for comparison purposes, 2 large jars of JIF peanut butter from Costco are 10 3/4 cups of prepared peanut butter without the ability to control the sugar, salt, and oil  (fat) content!  I can't remember the cost of the peanut butter at Costco right off hand, but I'll make a mental note to check on Tuesday and post it!  But the 5 year unopened shelf life on this peanut flour is a great thing, because it's a lot longer than store-bought peanut butter!!

It's a great time to stock up on some great things with THRIVE Life!  Not only are the 10 Grain Pancake Mix and the Peanut Flour on sale this month, but everything is being discounted for this months BIG DEAL Sale!  It's still going on through April 20th, so if you want to take advantage of the sale and bulk up your home store, contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com!!!

Happy THRIVEing!

No comments:

Post a Comment