Monday, January 19, 2015

Make-Ahead Golden Cornbread!

I've mentioned on other personal blogs before that our family tries to keep meal prep to a minimum on Sundays.  And this past Sunday, THRIVE Life helped me do just that with some make-ahead cornbread!  Because I had all the ingredients on hand -- and they were all dry ingredients! -- I made my cornbread mix Saturday night, put it in an airtight container, and just added water on Sunday!

The results?

Delicious!

GOLDEN CORNBREAD
1 cup THRIVE Cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar*
1 cup white flour*
1/2 cup THRIVE Butter Powder
2 tablespoons powdered milk*
2 tablespoons THRIVE Whole Egg Powder
1 teaspoon baking powder*
1/2 teaspoon salt*
1 1/2 cup water (to add when ready to prepare)

Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until completely combined.

To prepare:  Preheat oven to 375.  Grease an 8x8 baking pan.  Add 1 1/2 cups water to dry ingredients and whisk together until batter is smooth.  Pour into greased pan.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes.  Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.

This cornbread was delicious!  I love that it can be prepared ahead of time and all I have to do is add water!  This makes for a great gift -- just add a pound of THRIVE Express Hearty Chili with Beans!  It's also great for once-a-month cooking, though I would recommend having it sealed pretty well in that case.  And even if you just know you're going to have a busy day the next day and you want your meal to be hassle-free, this is a great option for a side dish!  Prep it early and have it waiting for water, baking and eating!

Below is a picture of the mix I made Saturday night.  I just put the lid on that bowl and let it sit and wait for me until Sunday evening :).

And here's a close-up of the deliciousness!


Would you love to have ingredients on-hand to make your own mixes?  THRIVE is full of those handy ingredients!  Contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com and I'll help you get what you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment