Monday, January 12, 2015

Granola

The other day, I saw my THRIVE Honey Crystals sitting amongst my home store, and I thought to myself, "I need to make some granola!"  And so I did :).  This is seriously a delicious granola recipe.  I pretty much kept snagging handfuls while it was supposed to be cooling.  I also enjoyed some as cereal this morning before my ultrasound.  Delicious!

I followed this recipe, generally.  But I made a few changes.  I will post my recipe below as I made it (with alterations).

HOME-MADE GRANOLA
4 cups oats*
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3/4 teaspoon salt*
1/4 cup brown sugar*
1/2 cup THRIVE Butter Powder
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon THRIVE Pure Vanilla Extract Powder
3/4 cup THRIVE Honey Crystals
2/3 cup water

In a large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients.  Set aside.  Preheat oven to 350.

In a small saucepan, add remaining ingredients and stir.  Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until honey mixture is thickened.

Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.  Pour onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned, removing to stir 2 to 3 times during cooking for even browning.  Allow to cool completely.

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.

Seriously, this stuff is awesome.  I made it once before for a THRIVE brunch party and did a yogurt parfait bar.  The granola was phenomenal on the THRIVE yogurts!  But it is also great as a cereal or as a snack by itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment