Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Green Smoothie

So I've been wanting to do green smoothies for a while.  However, I lack a powerful blender, so I've always put it off as a "someday" thing. 

But yesterday I made some really awesome muffins with THRIVE Chopped Spinach in them (I'll be posting that recipe here soon), and I decided I was going to go ahead and try a green smoothie with the spinach, even without a super-awesome blender. 

I'm glad I did. 

I made it up as I went along -- and I'm sure there are ways to make it healthier.  But this was my first attempt, so I'm documenting it, because I -- and my toddler! -- are happy with it.  And now I have the ability to play around with it some more and try new concoctions! 

One really awesome thing was having all my THRIVE fruits to add in, along with the THRIVE Chopped Spinach.  It was easy for me to add a lot of healthy fruits to help make the smoothie more palatable.

So here's my recipe:

GREEN SMOOTHIE
2/3 cup THRIVE Chopped Spinach
2/3 cup THRIVE Pineapple Chunks
1/4 cup THRIVE Peaches
2 tablespoons THRIVE Simply Peach
1/4 cup THRIVE Strawberries
1/3 cup water
1 ripe banana*
1 1/2 cup milk*

Place first 5 ingredients into blender jar and pour water over to help moisten and rehydrate a little.  Add banana and milk.  Blend until well-blended and smooth.  Enjoy!

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.

My goal is to get more vegetables into myself and my toddler.  THRIVE has been helping me immensely in this undertaking.  And while I am looking forward to one day having a more powerful blender to really get everything good and blended down...  I am glad I learned I can make a great-tasting smoothie even right now, with my not-so-powerful blender!

And I'm thrilled I had all these options to add to my very first Green Smoothie, thanks to THRIVE Life!  I mean, what's not to love about all my fruits (and veggies) already ready to use -- washed, sliced, and waiting for me to scoop!  Total time saver!

If you'd like to make your own green smoothies quickly and easily with THRIVE, contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com, and I'll help you get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment