Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cookie Dough Truffles

I hosted a play date the other day and decided to make lunch for the lovely ladies (and toddler) who came to spend some time with us.  And, because I love cooking for people and providing dessert as well, I decided to try something I'd been wanting to try for a while with my THRIVE Classic Cookie Dough mix:  Cookie Dough Truffles!

I love cookie dough.  Even more than I like the cookies.  Being that I'm pregnant, I avoid eating raw egg.  But that's another way THRIVE Life keeps me happy ;)!  Because their Classic Cookie Dough mix has powdered egg in it, and that isn't raw egg!  So my toddler and I made these (she handled the sprinkles -- though I would say two truffles were generously sprinkled and the others were bare ;)), and they are so very yummy!

COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
3 1/3 cups THRIVE Classic Cookie Dough Mix
1 cup THRIVE Powdered Butter
3/4 cup water
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips (depending on your preferences -- and you can sub for anything you prefer!)
12 ounces melting chocolate (I used chocolate almond bark)
Sprinkles, optional


Put first 3 ingredients in mixer (I used my stand mixer) and mix until it forms a dough.  Add chocolate chips and fold in.

Form into 1/2-inch to 1-inch balls and place on waxed paper (or silicone mats).  Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes so they are easier to handle. 

Melt chocolate.  Dip cookie dough balls.  Sprinkle immediately, if desired.  Allow to harden.


Now, a couple notes...  One thing I noticed is that if there were any weak spots in the chocolate shell, the cookie dough would start squeezing through.  Although not a tragedy, they did kind of look funny ;).  And it may just be inevitable if you don't double-dip the truffles (which I didn't), because the dough isn't cooked, and the baking soda in the mix starts to expand -- as it's supposed to!  So it oozes out any weak spots. 

The other note:  These were a hit!  One of my friends who came, when I told them what I made for dessert, said, "Did you know that cookie dough is my all-time favorite?  Well, I didn't.  But I love it too, so it just worked out well!  These are so delicious, seriously.  And they are definitely going on my Christmas goodie list! They are super-fast and super-simple, especially because I only need 4 ingredients!
So if you are craving some sweet yumminess...  This will hit the spot!

1 comment: