Thursday, July 16, 2015

Q-Pon Cooking: July 2015: Sausage Crumbles: Stove-Top "Baked" Ziti

July is halfway over, and I've been lax in posting my THRIVEing cooking experiences!  Trust me, I haven't been lax in having them, though!  Life with a 2-month old and a new baby is just a whirlwind and finding the time to sit down and post all of these culinary treats is not as easy as I would hope.  And on those rare days when I could have the chance since I (by some miracle) got both kids down to nap at the same time, I pretty much choose to nap as well -- because we're still in the mostly-sleepless night phase!  My little guy still likes eating on a 2-hour schedule these days. 

But that's enough about me!  Let's talk about some THRIVE!  It's still July, which means you can still snag some Sausage Crumbles at a great price!  Since I have posted before about why I love the THRIVE Sausage Crumbles, I won't reinvent the wheel...  But if you click on that link, you can read all about the many reasons they are among my favorite THRIVE Life products -- and why I keep them on hand in my home store ALL THE TIME now.  (And that's saying something for someone who maybe bought sausage 4 times a year in the past...).

And I'll just add this recipe I recently cooked up, using the THRIVE Sausage Crumbles to make a great one-pot meal even simpler!  You can find the original recipe here.

STOVE-TOP "BAKED" ZITI
1 cup THRIVE Sausage Crumbles
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
12 ounces rotini pasta
3 cups water
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese*
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese*

Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet.  Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.  Add tomatoes, THRIVE Sausage Crumbles, red pepper flakes, pasta and water.  Stir.  Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13 to 16 minutes. 

Remove from heat.  Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream.  Top with mozzarella and cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.

How easy is that!?!  There's a reason I love these Sausage Crumbles.  And I know you will too!  So get some.  Now!  Just contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com to get the Q-Pon price if you aren't a Q-Club member.  Or add it to your Q for July if you are a Q-Club member! 

Happy THRIVEing!

No comments:

Post a Comment