Wednesday, July 29, 2015

72-Hour Kit: Infant/Baby Kit

Well, we once had a baby 72-Hour Kit.  And then our baby grew into a toddler!  Which meant we then had a toddler 72-Hour Kit!  You can check out that link if you'd like to see what we include for our toddler's kit.

But as many of you know, we recently added a handsome baby boy to our family.  Which meant we needed a new baby 72-Hour Kit!  And now I'm posting it here to share with everyone to help you prepare a 72-Hour Kit for your baby!

As with all of the kits I've shared here, your baby's 72-Hour kit may look different than our baby's.  For one thing, I have a low milk supply, so I cannot exclusively breast-feed our baby in an emergency situation (though wouldn't that be nice!?!).  Therefore, we need to make sure we include formula and at least one bottle for our little man.  And this means we also need to consider having extra water for his kit.

Here's what we have included for our baby boy's kit for early baby-hood (he's almost 2 months):
  • 12 diapers
  • pack of wipes
  • burp rag
  • 2 changes of clothes (one warmer) for summer weather
  • 1 bottle
  • 6 emergency water packs
  • 2 small cans formula
  • small bottle of baby wash
  • toy
Something else to remember with a baby kit is that babies grow fast.  You will want to try to remember to change out diapers and clothes in the kit when you change them out for everyday use.  For us, I chose to start out with size 2 diapers in the kit from the get-go.  I figured I'd rather have too-big diapers rather than too-small ones!  And as your baby learns to eat foods, you'll want to include those items too!  So you may find yourself updating your baby's kit more frequently (perhaps every 3 months, instead of every 6!).  But better to keep it up-to-date in case of emergency!

Hope this helps you get better prepared if you have babies at home!  If I can help you prepare in any way, please let me know by contacting me at THRIVingNilla@gmail.com.

Happy THRIVEing!

To check out all of the information I have shared about our 72-Hour Kits, follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment