Friday, May 15, 2015

Sausage and Pepper Brunch Pizza

Earlier this year, I had a Pampered Chef party at my house.  As a result, I was able to score one of their new items for free!  It's this huge round baking stone that has handles and a little lip so that you can make things like quiches in it.  And I love it!

As part of the party, we made a recipe for Sausage and Pepper Brunch Pizza using the stone.  And I realized I could totally THRIVE-alize that recipe!  So I did!  And we had it for dinner the other night :).  (It was a brinner kind of evening that day...).
It was awesome having many of the ingredients on-hand, thanks to THRIVE Life!  And even more awesome that I could avoid handling raw sausage and raw eggs and the time (and mess) it would otherwise take to brown the sausage!!!  There is a reason THRIVE Sausage Crumbles are one of the most popular items THRIVE Life has to offer!!!

Below is the recipe as I made it.  But it is originally a Pampered Chef recipe and can be found here.

SAUSAGE AND PEPPER BRUNCH PIZZA

1 cup THRIVE Sausage Crumbles
3/4 cup THRIVE Red Bell Peppers (broken in smaller pieces)
1 tablespoon basil*
4 ounces Neufachtel cheese (1/3 of the fat of cream cheese option), softened
6 THRIVE Whole Eggs (6 tablespoons egg powder + 3/4 cup water)
1 16-ounce package refrigerated flaky biscuits (grands size)
4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place sausage crumbles and red bell pepper in a bowl.  Cover with boiling water and allow to sit and reconstitute.  Drain off excess water (after 5 to 10 minutes).

Separate the flaky biscuits in half so that you have 16 biscuits.  Lay overlapping on round dish and roll or press to cover entire dish (I used a Pampered Chef round baking stone).  Make sure all seems are sealed.  Press some up the sides a bit. 

In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream cheese 10 to 15 seconds until very soft and stir-able.  Whisk until smooth.  Add eggs, alternating powder and water, whisking to blend well after each addition. 

Sprinkle half the cheese over the biscuits.  Then sprinkle with the sausage/pepper mixture.  Sprinkle with basil.  Carefully pour egg and cheese mixture over all.  Sprinkle black pepper on top to taste.  Bake in preheated oven 15 to 17 minutes.  Serve immediately.
Definitely delicious!  Definitely easy!  Love having THRIVE on hand to help me with my meals :)!! 

Contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com or visit my website www.thrivelife.com/THRIVEingNilla if you want to know more!

Happy THRIVEing!

No comments:

Post a Comment