Monday, May 4, 2015

Cauliflower Tots

As with many of the recipes I try, I cannot take credit for the original of this recipe -- which can be found here.  However, I can take credit for THRIVE-alizing it ;)!

I've mentioned before that I'm always on the lookout for a new way to get vegetables into my toddler (and myself!).  So when I saw that recipe on Pinterest, I thought it was a great idea!  And totally THRIVE-alize-able!  The added bonus is that these tots are a great dipper.  And my little girl loves to dip her food in ketchup, salsa, ranch, etc.  I have used these as a vegetable for dinner, but I think they could also work as a healthy snack!
So here's the recipe the way I made it!

CAULIFLOWER TOTS
2 cups THRIVE Cauliflower
1 THRIVE Whole Egg (+ 2 tablespoons water)
1 egg white
2 tablespoons THRIVE Chopped Onions
1 tablespoon dried parsley*
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese*
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste

In a food processor or blender, coarsely chop the cauliflower.  Pour into bowl (much of it will be powdered, but that's fine, you just want to get rid of the big pieces).  Add onion to bowl.  Add enough water to cover and allow to reconstitute for 5 minutes.  Drain.

Add THRIVE Whole Egg plus 2 tablespoons water and egg white.  Mix to combine.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray (or use a silpat).  Form cauliflower mixture (about 1 tablespoon at a time) into "tater-tot" size pieces (1 inch x 1/2 inch) and place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake in preheated oven 16 to 18 minutes, turning once halfway through.

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.
I really like these!  They are so toddler-friendly, but even I enjoyed them :).  Dipped in ketchup they are delicious as well!  And I love that I could skip the washing, chopping, and steaming of the cauliflower.  Along with chopping onions!  Having THRVE on-hand definitely made making these faster than it would otherwise have been! 

Feel free to contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com or visit my website at www.thrivelife.com/THRIVEingNilla if you'd like to make your life easier with some yummy THRIVE Life veggies!!!

Happy THRIVEing!

No comments:

Post a Comment