Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chicken, Broccoli, and Cheese Skillet Meal


Since I've successfully made pasta salads using the THRIVE Seasoned Chicken Strips, I wanted to try them in a different way!  I decided to try them in a stove-top skillet meal -- one of our family's favorites!

Once again, I found the chicken strips to be a convenient way to add the chicken to a delicious meal!  And they blended in really well with the dish!  These chicken strips are definitely already among my favorite THRIVE foods!  They save me time and effort in so many ways.

So, without further ado, I'll post the recipe :).

1 to 1 1/2 cups THRIVE Seasoned Chicken Strips
2 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 can cream of chicken soup + 2 cans full of water
black pepper to taste
1 large garlic clove, pressed or minced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Pour cream of chicken soup and water into a large skillet.  Warm over medium-high heat.  Throw in the chicken strips.  Add all other ingredients, except cheese.  Stir together.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.  (Checking to make sure there is enough water at about 15 minutes.)  Stir in cheese until melted and combine.  Allow to heat 2 more minutes.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment