Monday, October 5, 2015

THRIVE Instant Black Beans

Over the last couple of months, I have been using the THRIVE Instant Beans more and more!  And I have raved about how much I love them to my husband as well as a few friends.  Which made me think maybe I should do a little product high-light! 

Because, seriously, these beans are so awesome.
When I first heard about the instant beans, I was really skeptical.  I only bought some (they were the Pinto beans), because they were the Q-Pon item, and I wanted to cook with the Q-Pon.  Plus, I'd also had a friend ask me what they were like, and I didn't know.  So the best way to find out was to use them!  And now I plan to pretty much change from keeping regular dry beans to having the THRIVE Instant Beans.  And here's why:

1.  They are just like canned beans in how quickly and easily they can be used.  You scoop them out of the can and throw them into the soup or whatever is cooking, and they are ready-to-eat in 15 to 20 minutes. 
2.  I don't have to soak them, rinse them, or simmer them for 4 hours before using (this is obviously linked to #1).
3.  They are just as convenient as canned beans with non of the sodium!  Check out the label here.
4.  They do not taste different (this was my main concern before I tried them) and don't have a different texture or anything like that.  You'd never know they were instant beans.
5.  As with pretty much all the other THRIVE Life products, they have an amazing shelf-life!  Sealed, they will last for 25 years.  Once opened, it's recommended they be used within 1 year.  

The truth is, now that I know the awesomeness of these beans, I look at my huge bucket of 25 pounds of regular black beans and give a big sigh.  Because in order to use them, I'm going to have to go through the rinsing and soaking and boiling process.  I'm not saying I'm not grateful to have them.  I just wish I'd have realized how wonderful THRIVE Instant Beans were back when I bought them.  Because I would surely have opted for the instant!

The one difference I noted was the amount of Calcium and Iron in the dry versus the instant.  In both cases, the dry beans have more.  I do not know if they will lose that nutritional value in the cooking process, though, since they pretty much have to be cooked to be consumed.
This is what the Instant Black Beans look like inside the can, before being rehydrated. 

I have used these beans in soups and even used them for Black Bean Burgers!  I just think they are amazing :).  And even better?  The Instant Black Beans are on sale this month!  If you're interested in learning more or placing an order to have these in your home store, you can contact me at THRIVEingNilla@gmail.com or visit my website:  www.thrivelife.com/THRIVEingNilla.

Happy THRIVEing!

No comments:

Post a Comment