Monday, August 3, 2015

Why I Prep

Preppers are a group who believe in being prepared for the unexpected.  I consider myself a prepper, even if I'm not the best at it.  I believe in being prepared.  I believe in being self-reliant as much as possible.  I believe in being able to help others when things are hard.

This is part of why I love THRIVE Life and my opportunity to be a consultant and share it with others

I think many people think it is silly to store a year's supply of food.  Silly to have a 72-hour kit.  Silly to expect something awful.  Perhaps we preppers seem like doomsday people.  I don't know.  I just know I feel peace knowing I am working to have food to feed my family.  That I am working to make sure we have potable water in an emergency. 

One night, while up in the middle of the night feeding a sweet baby, I came across this article from the New Yorker.  Perhaps you have seen it.  Yeah, I'll admit it is a scary article.  And it made me even more driven to prepare even more.  Since that article had so much interest (and scared a lot of people in the Pacific Northwest), there have been a couple other articles written.  You can read those here and hereThis is why I am a prepper.

The time is NOW to get prepared. I still have more prepping to do myself (for example, we don't have a tent...).  But I'm grateful for what I do have at this point to bring me peace of my mind concerning my family.  I'm grateful I have the opportunity to share THRIVE Life, a company with great-tasting, healthy, convenient food, which also happens to have a phenomenal shelf-life and will enable people to have THRIVEing lives in spite of difficult challenges which may come (in whatever form they may be in!).  And remember, as one of the articles states:  it is better to do something than nothing -- even if you can't do it all.  Start small.  But start!

No comments:

Post a Comment