Monday, February 16, 2015

Easy Fruit Salad

One of the things I love most about having my home store through THRIVE Life is the fact that I have a home store!  Does that sound redundant?  Probably.  But there have been many times when I've had the automatic thought, "Oh that recipe sounds good, but I don't have x ingredient." 

But then I remember my home store -- and I realize I do have that ingredient after all!!!

I had one such experience the other day.  I had made a breakfast casserole for dinner, but felt like I wanted something else to go along with it -- otherwise the plate would look kind of bare!  I had recently purchased some fresh strawberries which needed to be used up, plus I had bananas and red grapes (also in need of being used).  So I thought of the fruit salad I make for every large family gathering we attend.  It's such a simple recipe, and it's so delicious!  This time I would just have fewer fruits in it than usual, and no big deal...

Then I remembered I had some extra fruits after all!  I could add my THRIVE Raspberries!  And that's just what I did!  I just threw them in dry and let them get all soggy from the yogurt!  I've done this multiple times with yogurt parfaits, and I love how they turn out when they are allowed to sit and soak up the yogurt!  Saves time, too, since all my THRIVE foods are washed and ready for me to use!

So here's the recipe I made the other day.  It's very simple, and we always get a lot of compliments about it.  I'm actually pretty excited to try this with more THRIVE fruits in the future and see how it turns out, because I could actually make this fruit salad with all THRIVE ingredients, and I think that's pretty awesome!

EASY FRUIT SALAD
1 large banana, sliced*
1 cup red grapes, rinsed and dried*
5-6 ripe strawberries, rinsed, dried, sliced*
1 cup THRIVE Raspberries
1 cup strawberry yogurt* (or yogurt flavor of your choice)

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Allow to chill for 1/2 hour and serve!

*Denotes other ingredients available through THRIVE Life.

This was a perfect breakfast-y complement to our breakfast-for-dinner casserole :).  And in the future, when I have them on hand, I'll be adding apples* and blueberries*!

No comments:

Post a Comment